Consultation of children's ENT
A pediatric otolaryngologist is a doctor who diagnoses, treats, and prevents diseases of the ears, throat, nose, and paranasal sinuses.
In childhood, the ENT doctor is an indispensable specialist, one of the most important assistants to pediatricians in the treatment of diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Sore throat, nasal congestion, ear pain - children experience symptoms of ENT diseases more often than adults. This is due to the peculiarity of the immune system of pediatric patients, due to which they are particularly susceptible to viral and bacterial infections, as well as the anatomical features of the structure of the ENT organs.
When parents face the problem of their baby's health, it is important to find a first-class highly qualified specialist who can not only develop effective tactics for diagnosis and treatment but also create a friendly and pleasant atmosphere so that the little patient is not afraid and felt comfortable. In this case, it is best to contact the specialists of the network of medical clinics "Dobrobut" in Kyiv.
Here you will receive advice from the best pediatric otolaryngologists in Ukraine, the latest modern diagnostic equipment, quality service of European level, as well as affordable prices for services. All the medical staff of "Dobrobut" will help to create a favorable atmosphere and leave a pleasant feeling from visiting the clinic. You can find out the full list of our services and their cost on the website dobrobut.com.
In what cases it is necessary to address the help to children's ENT?
- Deafness, hearing disorders of the nervous spectrum.
- Neoplasms in the nasal cavity or auricles (cystic structures, polyps).
- Congenital anomalies of the respiratory organs.
A pediatric otolaryngologist should be consulted if the child develops characteristic symptoms of ENT disease:
- hearing loss, congestion, tinnitus;
- pain in the throat, nose, ears, nasal and frontal areas;
- symptoms of normal breathing disorders;
- the appearance of discharge from the nose or ears;
- hoarseness or loss of voice;
- the appearance of "wheezing" or snoring.
If the child is still very young and can not speak, you should pay attention to:
- loud crying, loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, restless behavior, mouth breathing, fever, discharge from the nose or ears.
- In the presence of one or more of these symptoms, you should not delay a visit to the pediatric ENT doctor, because, in the later stages of some diseases, treatment is complicated, and sometimes possible only through surgery.
- Also, it is necessary to seek help from a pediatric ENT in case of ENT injuries, recurrence of chronic ear-throat-nose diseases, to remove foreign objects from the ears or nasopharynx, to conduct audiological screening in young children.
- Hearing can be checked in children aged 1 month. If all is well, the next preventive reception - a year, and then annually. In addition, an examination by a pediatric otolaryngologist is necessary in cases where you need to remove the sulfur plug, wash the tonsils, or toilet the ear.
How is the reception at the child's ENT?
Consultation with a pediatric otolaryngologist begins with acquaintance with health complaints and the collection of a complete history of the patient. The doctor may ask how the mother's pregnancy went, whether there were any illnesses or complications during the pregnancy, whether the relatives have hearing problems or ENT diseases.
Next, a thorough examination of the mucous membranes of the throat and nose, tonsils, ear canals, mouth with special tools. If necessary, the child will be additionally prescribed laboratory and instrumental tests, such as X-rays, endoscopy, audiometry, CT, MRI.
After the examination, treatment tactics are developed based on the individual characteristics of each patient, recommendations are made for rehabilitation and prevention of recurrence in the future.
In the treatment of otolaryngological diseases used drug therapy, physiotherapy techniques, and surgery. The doctor chooses the best method of treatment, often a combination of several techniques. If there is a need for surgical treatment, the child is hospitalized in a hospital where the baby may stay with one or both parents.
Consultation of a pediatric otolaryngologist in Kyiv
By contacting the network of medical clinics "Dobrobut" in Kyiv, you can count on the treatment of tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, otitis, sinusitis, and other diseases of the ENT organs. Our advantages are: the availability of the latest modern diagnostic and treatment equipment, the services of qualified specialists with extensive practical experience, quality service, individual approach to each patient. We try to create a friendly atmosphere and provide attentive service in our medical center.
To make an appointment with a pediatric otolaryngologist and clarify all your questions, call the numbers of our call center or use the feedback service.
- Вишняков В.В, «Справочник врача-отоларинголога», 2016 г
- Health-ua.com, Подготовил Вячеслав Килимчук, Клинические рекомендации Американской академии отоларингологии, хирургии головы и шеи (AAO-HNS) по аллергическому риниту.
- Guideline Central. Otolaryngology
- SAGE Journals. Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery
- Богомильский М.Р., Гаращенко Т.И., Чистякова В.Р., «Болезни уха, горла, носа в детском возрасте», 2016 г.