Information about the doctor Hanzha Vadym Mykolaiovych
Work experience: 22 years
- Bogomolets National Medical University
Membership in associations, societies; attending conferences, thematic improvement courses:
- Ph.D. in medical sciences;
- co-author of 11 patents in Ukraine for surgery methods.
Areas of professional development:
- participation on a regular basis in surgeons congresses, conferences on surgery, microsurgery, vascular surgery;
- courses in subject enhancement;
- additional specialties in vascular surgery, traumatology, orthopedy;
- doctoral dissertation “Microsurgery methods of reinnervation of tissue complex for constructive substitute of hand and finger defects”;
- co-author of 12 patents in Ukraine for a useful model (operation methods);
- publications in «Arguments and facts» newspaper and others (medical and popular).
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- operations using microsurgery equipment: microsurgery suture (plasty) of vessels, nerves, hand fingers tendons, forarms;
- allodermanaplasty, defect plasty with splitted skin graft;
- defect plasty with insular grafts with neurotization;
- bone plasty, arthrodesis;
- metalsynthesis of the hand and finger fractures with pins, screws and plates;
- elimination of joints dislocation;
- scars correction and extension, cicatrectomy;
- tendolysis, neurolysis;
- total and subtotal aponeurectomy for Dupuytren’s contracture;
- reimplantation, hand and finger revascularization;
- foreign body and neoplasm removal,etc.
- «Most often I encounter heavy injuries – bone and tendons damage, soft tissue defects, abjunctions, segment amputation (fingers, hand).”
- “All the acute injuries are very serious: they bring to segment abjunction (and it might not survive), surgery on vessels, microvessels (1-2mm), microsurgery suture on digital nerves, surgery on bone segments where the metalosteothynsesis is applied, suturing the structures responsible for tendon bending and extension and substituting defects. I mean it is more plasty surgery when you take some tissue from one place and substitute the defect on another place.”
- “Hand and forearms injuries are always difficult: first of all because they are technically difficult as far as regenerating surgery is concerned, secondly, the patient in most cases underestimates the complications and late sequences of the injury. As a rule, the patient thinks that after the surgery he will recover completely, but it’s not likely to happen. He is to pass a long period of rehabilitation, training the damaged structure, alteration – and this will last for months.”
- “A good doctor should demonstrate the knowledge of pathology he is dealing with, should be experienced and have enough patience. There should be a mutual understanding between a doctor and a patient, since our results are connected to the patient’s understanding of the injury affect. If the patient underestimates the problem it’s difficult to foresee the treatment results.”
- “As for the actual tendencies in the field of my interests, I should say that microsurgery has always been something new and advanced. They use microsurgery instruments with optical magnification while performing the operation and it cannot be any other way.”
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- “Sport is my hobby. Ping pong and tennis, fitness. Love to lift weights in order to stay fit.”
- “It’s worth visiting a specialist when you noticed any kind of neoplasm – that’sa good reason for consulting a doctor. Specifics of the microsurgeon’s job let him understand and make the analysis of all the anatomy structures of the human body. After differential diagnostics took place, a specialist takes a decision whether to operate on a patient or not“.
Advantages of MM 'Dobrobut':
- “What I gain working in a private clinic that is being helpful to “serious” patients. In “Dobrobut” we give the people high quality treatment – urgent and planned. We fight the consequences of acute injuries as well as hygromas, cysts, tumors, old injuries, which were operated in small towns or back country places”.