Consultation with a rehabilitation specialist
Any serious illness, injury, or operation does not go unnoticed. In most cases, without special rehabilitation measures, rehabilitation may be delayed for a long time or not lead to the desired result. For the recovery to be as productive as possible, you need the help of a rehabilitation doctor - a specialist in rehabilitation therapy. Its main task is to use medical, social, psychological, pedagogical, and technical approaches of various scientific directions to restore the disturbed functions of the body. Rehabilitation allows you to quickly return to an active and full life, significantly improve health after an illness or injury.
If you are looking for the best rehabilitation specialist in Kyiv - contact the network of medical clinics "Dobrobut". Adult and children's rehabilitation specialists with many years of experience and high professional qualifications conduct reception in our center. "Dobrobut" also offers a rehabilitation specialist to go home, as not every patient can get to the medical center on their own, painlessly. You can specify all our services and their cost on our website dobrobut.com.
What diseases does a rehabilitation specialist deal with?
A rehabilitation doctor in Ukraine is not engaged in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in the traditional sense of the term. Patients come to a specialist with an already established diagnosis and its consequences.
The most common conditions with which patients see a rehabilitation doctor are:
- consequences of injuries, fractures, operations;
- condition after a heart attack or stroke;
- blows, bruises, spinal cord, and brain injuries;
- recovery of the body after a course of chemotherapy;
- in disorders of the peripheral nervous system;
- diseases of the respiratory system;
- with limited physical capabilities.
According to the nature of the disease, rehabilitation treatment has a clear focus - orthopedic, neurological/neurosurgical, or cardiac.
Carried out after injuries that have led to impaired motor functions, operations on the musculoskeletal system, diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
The most common conditions that require orthopedic rehabilitation are:
- amputations and prosthetics;
- fracture of the femoral neck;
- fracture of the upper (lower) limb;
- joint arthroplasty;
- operations on the upper or lower limb;
- ankle fracture;
- fracture of the spine, etc.
At orthopedic rehabilitation, the complex of the procedures directed on restoration of the muscular force of the patient, the prevention of repeated disease or emergence of complications is developed. It uses a set of physical exercises for different muscle groups, therapeutic gymnastics, massage, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, etc
Includes the following areas:
- rehabilitation after stroke;
- consequences of craniocerebral injuries;
- rehabilitation after neuroinfections;
- rehabilitation after spinal surgery for intervertebral disc herniation, stenotic processes of the main arteries of the head (stenting, endarterectomy);
- treatment of vertebrogenic pathology, which is manifested by back pain;
- treatment of demyelinating diseases (multiple encephalomyelitides, multiple sclerosis, lumbar osteochondrosis);
- treatment of extrapyramidal pathology (Parkinson's disease, etc.).
Effective methods of neurological rehabilitation include measures to enhance motor activity, work with speech organs and brain centers, physiotherapy, mechanotherapy, occupational therapy, reflexology, massage.
Shown to patients who have undergone:
- myocardial infarction;
- coronary artery bypass graft surgery;
- other cardiac pathologies, such as heart failure, hypercholesterolemia;
- surgical correction of valvular heart disease;
- implantation of a cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD);
- percutaneous coronary intervention.
Rehabilitation therapy includes breathing exercises, diet therapy, dosed aerobic exercise, magnetic therapy, etc.
How is a rehabilitation consultant?
At the initial appointment, the specialist examines the patient's medical record, collects medical history, conducts a medical examination, and a detailed survey of complaints. The information obtained allows the doctor to assess the patient's functionality, outline the main tasks in the field of rehabilitation therapy, analyze the risks of possible complications and develop the most effective rehabilitation program. Usually, a patient who has consulted a rehabilitation specialist already has all the necessary tests on hand and does not require additional appointments. The plan of rehabilitation treatment is made taking into account all features and possible complications of an illness: medicines are appointed, schedules of the passing of planned receptions of the rehabilitologist and examinations of narrow experts (cardiologist, neurologist, orthopedist, etc.) are formed, frequency and duration of massages, physiotherapy is defined, reflexology, technical means of rehabilitation and prosthetic and orthopedic care are selected. Similarly, to prevent complications or recurrences of the disease in the long run, a specific diet is prescribed, including for weight loss, recommendations are given for lifestyle adjustments, exercise intensity, etc.
Rehabilitation doctors of the medical network "Dobrobut" use in recovery programs, modern and time-tested techniques that are effective and efficient, namely:
- therapeutic physical education;
- dynamic proprioceptive correction with the help of reflex-loading suit "Gravistat";
- active-passive gymnastics;
- joint development;
- position treatment;
2 .Massage (therapeutic, reflex).
4. Sensory-motor therapy.
5. Occupational therapy and others.
To make an appointment with a rehabilitation doctor in the network of medical clinics "Dobrobut" in Kyiv - call the numbers of our call center or choose a convenient time to visit directly on the site.
Our main advantages are:
- each rehabilitation program is developed individually, based on the complexity of each case, the patient's age;
- rehabilitation specialists of the Dobrobut medical network work in close contact with other specialists (neurologist, orthopedist-traumatologist, surgeon, psychologist, etc.) and develop an individual rehabilitation plan collectively;
- the availability of the best rehabilitation equipment in Ukraine makes it possible to implement the most effective program to restore the functions of the patient's motor mode;
- affordable prices and cost of services.
- Вакуленко Л.О., Клапчук В.В. «Основи реабілітації, фізичної терапії, ерготерапії», 2021р.
- Н. В. Богдановська, І.В. Кальонова «Фізична реабілітація засобами фізіотерапії», 2018р.
- Guideline Central 2021. GUIDELINE SUMMARIES. REHABILITATION.
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital. Rehabilitation Guidelinesc Hospital. Rehabilitation Guidelines