Consultation of a pediatric allergist
Have you ever noticed tearing and rhinitis in your child during the flowering period of plants? Or redness of the eyes, sneezing on contact with animal fur? Did you get a rash after being bitten by a pest?
These and many other symptoms can be a manifestation of allergic disease.
The nature of allergies lies in the work of our immunity. Its main task is to protect the body from foreign substances. However, in certain cases, the immune system regards potentially harmless substances as dangerous and begins to produce antibodies that trigger the allergic process.
The provoking factors for the appearance and aggravation of allergic diseases can be the following allergens:
- various foods;
- wool, selection of animals;
- room dust and dust mites;
- flowers, plant pollen;
- household chemicals;
- various fungi (mold, yeast fungi);
- drugs (antibiotics, bronchodilators);
- negative environmental factors (car exhaust, pesticides, foods with nitrates);
A pediatric allergist-immunologist will help to understand the causes of a specific reaction, correctly diagnose and treat allergies in children in Ukraine.
Only he can quickly remove the negative symptoms of the disease and prescribe therapy that will save you from such problems forever.
If you are looking for a highly qualified pediatric allergist-immunologist in Kyiv - contact the network of medical clinics "Dobrobut". Our specialists regularly attend international conferences and refresher courses, constantly develop and improve their knowledge in the field of allergology and immunology.
We are guaranteed to find an approach to each child and leave only positive emotions from visiting a specialist.
A pediatric allergist is competent in the diagnosis and treatment of such diseases:
- ronchial asthma;
- hay fever;
- atopic dermatitis;
- food allergies;
- allergic pharyngitis and pharyngotracheitis;
- angioneurotic edema and other manifestations of allergic reactions.
In children under 3 years of age, the main manifestations of allergies are atopic dermatitis, urticaria, Quincke's edema, and most often these are the consequences of food allergies. After 3 years, the most common allergic reactions are household allergies and hay fever, which manifest themselves in the form of rhinitis, conjunctivitis, bronchoobstructive syndrome.
When should you make an appointment with a pediatric allergist at Dobrobut?
Consultation with a pediatric allergist is necessary if symptoms such as:
- cough or asthma attacks on contact with the allergen;
- itching, redness of the eyes, tearing;
- swelling of the extremities and face;
- runny nose that does not pass;
- the appearance of skin rashes;
- sneezing and nasal congestion;
- attacks of difficulty or wheezing.
Importantly! An extremely dangerous manifestation of allergies is anaphylactic shock. It is manifested by a sharp drop in blood pressure, fainting, weakness, heart failure, and shortness of breath. If such symptoms occur - seek medical attention immediately, as every minute is important.
How is a pediatric allergist examined and consulted in Kyiv?
At the beginning of the reception, the specialist collects a complete history, interviews the child or parents, clarifies when the symptoms began, how often they appeared, how they were stopped, whether there were cases of allergic reactions in the family. Additionally, specific tests are prescribed, such as allergen-specific testing, skin tests, biochemical blood tests, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays, elimination tests, and other diagnostic methods. Depending on the results of the tests, effective treatment tactics are developed and preventive recommendations are given.
The cost of services and prices for all necessary examinations can be found by calling the call center number or on the clinic's website.
Treatment of allergies in children is a complex, multifaceted task, in solving which it is important to combine the standards of evidence-based medicine with an individual approach to each child. The main method of treatment in Ukraine is conservative therapy, which includes taking various drugs that relieve allergic reactions. A fairly effective modern method of allergy treatment is ASIT therapy - the introduction of increasing doses of allergen into the patient's body, as a result of which immune cells gradually "get used" to it, and as a result - can achieve stable remission of allergic diseases. This method can be used in children older than 5 years.
You can make an appointment for a consultation with a pediatric allergist at MM Dobrobut Clinic in Kyiv by calling the call center or choosing a convenient time to visit directly on the website.
- Г.А. Самсыгина «Аллергические болезни у детей», 2016г
- Уніфікований клінічний протокол екстреної, первинної, вторинної (спеціалізованої) та третинної (високоспеціалізованої) медичної допомоги. Медикаментозна алергія, включаючи анафілаксію. Наказ Міністерства охорони здоров’я України 30 грудня 2015 року № 916
- Міністерство охорони здоров'я України. Наказ 767 від 27.12.2005 р. Про затвердження Протоколів діагностики та лікування алергологічних хвороб у дітей.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Articles august 01 2020. Food Allergies.