Information about the doctor Druzhyna Olena Vadymivna
Work experience: 23 years
- Bogomolets National Medical University
Areas of professional development:
- actively participated in the All-Ukrainian research-to-practice conferences: Topical Issues of Pediatrics, Topical Issues of Pediatric Cardio-Rheumatology, Actual Problems of Medical Care Organization for Newborns, Topical Issues of Diagnosis and Treatment of Allergic Diseases and Autoimmune Conditions in Children , TopicalIssues of Allergology in Pediatrics, Basic issues of Immunoprophylaxis and Treatment of Infectious and Somatic Diseases;
- completed advanced thematic training on Congenital Defect, Emergency Conditions in Pediatric Neurology and Medical Rehabilitation;
- acquired the second medical specialty Pediatric Allergology;
- doctoral candidate of Pediatric Department of the A.A. Bogomolets National Medical University and prepares for thesis defending;
- teaching experience at the Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy of the A.A. Bogomolets National Medical University;
- author of reports and articles in the journals Experimental and Clinical Medicine No. 4, 2008; Tauride Medical and Biological Bulletin No. 2, 2009 and No. 2, 2010, Natural Medicine No. 4, 2011;
- participated in TV programs Morning at Inter TV, acted as an expert on talk show Hit Hard on STB channel and Breakfast with 1+1 on1+1 TV channel;
- continuously studies and implements information from international clinical guidelines and data of clinical trials related to her specialty;
- proficient English, receives foreign patients.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- pediatric allergology;
- molecular diagnosis of allergic diseases;
- allergen-specific immunotherapy (ASIT);
- diagnosis and treatment of food intolerance and food allergies;
- medical assistance to children with atopic dermatitis.
- Common complaints: allergic rhinitis; atopic dermatitis; food allergies and food intolerances; obstructive bronchitis; bronchial asthma; pneumonia; acute respiratory infections; functional digestive disorders; urinary tract infections; preventive examinations of children from birth to adulthood; vaccination.
- “Current allergology is equipped with molecular diagnostics, HLA-typing diagnostics and methods for detecting genetic risks of pathologies, which are developing rapidly. It is also important to mention the discovery of the human microbiome and implementation of genetic passport. Diagnosis of viral infections becomes more specific, PCR-rapid diagnosis is widely used. At the same time, antibiotic resistance (decreased sensitivity to antibiotics) is observed in patients.”
- “In my clinical area I work with children, their parents, grandparents and other relatives who should trust me. Little patients should not be afraid of a doctor, but for this you need to communicate with a child on his/her level by playing and talking and simultaneously seeing and hearing everything required for appropriate medical process.”
- “Children cannot complain, a doctor detects the symptoms. At the same time, parents sometimes require comprehensive information on a variety of issues. In this case counseling takes more time. "
- “All manipulations with the child should be painless!”
- “A good doctor meets a patient’s expectations.”
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
- clinical pharmacology.
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- “My hobbies are design, cooking and traveling. I like to watch films and my favorites include Romancing the Stone, Some like it hot, The Taming of the Shrew, detective stories and thrillers. From literature I prefer Silver Age poetry, books by M. Bulgakov and O'Henry, biographical novels and books on psychology."
- “Observe ‘clean house’ principle, which means nice home atmosphere, natural and fresh food and proper drinking regimen. Don’t forget about physical activity, fresh air and exercise. The main preventive measures are vaccination and cold training. A child should be examined by a doctor at least every six months."
Advantages of MM 'Dobrobut':
- “Medical staff has everything at its disposal to provide an advanced medical services to patients, which include accurate diagnosis, a wider range of laboratory tests and comfortable working conditions.”