CENTER FOR INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY AND X-RAY ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY
X-ray endovascular surgery is a scientific advancement in medicine, a technique of intervention in the human body through the vessel wall.
MAIN DIRECTIONS OF TREATMENT (WE CURE):
Endovascular surgery opens up great opportunities for assessing vasculature condition and blood flow in any organ of the human body.
The technique itself is as follows:
a vascular puncture is performed;
a catheter is inserted within the vascular bed into the target organ using a conductor;
a contrast agent that blocks in X-rays is injected through the catheter.
The modern low-dose angiograph allows to receive the coherent picture of vessel construction in the body by means of radiation and to reveal pathologies. The procedure is less traumatic and minimally invasive, and is performed under local anesthesia that reduces the duration of hospitalization and provides for a rapid rehabilitation of the patient.
Endovascular surgery significantly accelerates recovery and rehabilitation, reduces the risks and complications after surgeries, makes it possible to operate on patients with severe comorbidities and contraindications to open surgical interventions.
Vascular system allows for diagnosing and surgically correcting pathologies of any organ, and the X-ray machine, i.e. the angiograph, allows to control the operation of surgical instruments with high accuracy and obtain the long-lasting therapeutic effect.
THE LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC EXAMINATIONS OF THE ENDOVASCULAR CENTER IS AS FOLLOWS:
- angiography of the vessels of the heart, coronography;
- angiography after a coronary artery bypass graft surgery, shuntography;
- angiography of the arteries of the neck and head, cerebral angiography;
- angiography of the aorta and its branches, arteries of the upper and lower extremities, arteries of the kidneys;
- pulmonary artery angiography, angiopulmonography;
- angiography of the superior and inferior vena cava, cavagraphy;
- catheterization and invasive measurement of pressure in the cavities of the heart, main vessels in case of congenital or acquired heart diseases.
A CONSULTATION WITH A SPECIALIST OF THE CENTER IS NECESSARY IN THE FOLLOWING CASES:
- you need professional help for diagnostics and treatment of a vascular pathology or a structural pathology of the heart;
- you feel pain or discomfort behind the sternum during exercise or at rest;
- you feel a retrosternal pain radiating to left arm, bladebone, back, lower jaw, etc.;
- shortness of breath, which disturbs both at rest and during exercise;
- you have been found to have any heart problems (arrhythmias);
- your condition has worsened after previous surgeries (stenting and shunting);
- pain or lameness in the legs when walking and at rest, or you have trophic ulcers, necrotic skin changes, aneurysms or abnormalities in the development of arteries;
- you need help with arterial and venous embolization.
AT THE CENTER FOR ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY, WE TREAT THE FOLLOWING DISEASES:
- chronic ischemic heart disease (stable angina, exertional and rest angina);
- acute coronary pathology (unstable angina, acute myocardial infarction with elevation and without ST-segment elevations);
- dissecting aneurysm of thoracic aorta (Stanford type B), infrarenal section of abdominal aorta;
- coarctation of the aorta;
- aneurysmal, atherosclerotic and thrombotic lesions of peripheral arteries, arteries of the lower extremities;
- structural pathology of the heart, i.e. aortic valve stenosis, stenosis or insufficiency of mitral valve, insufficiency of the tricuspid valve and pulmonary artery valve, atrial and interventricular septal defects, closure of the left atrial appendage, obstruction of the left ventricular outflow tract, open ductus arteriosus;
- prostate adenoma;
- bronchial bleeding, bleeding from the urinary bladder wall in oncopathology, arterio-malformation.
THE LIST OF ENDOVASCULAR INTERVENTIONS PERFORMED AT THE CENTER FOR INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY AND X-RAY ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY:
- planned and urgent stenting of coronary arteries, arterio-venous shunts, bifurcation and stem lesions, chronic occlusions of coronary arteries;
- endovascular prosthesis of the aortic valve (TAVI), mitral valve (TVR), closure of the atrial and interventricular septal defect, closure of the left atrial appendage (LAA closure);
- removal of foreign bodies from the chambers of the heart and main vessels;
- puncture and drainage of the pericardium;
- septal alcohol ablation in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and left ventricular outflow tract obstruction;
- endovascular prosthetics of the thoracic (TEVAR) and abdominal (EVAR) aortic sections;
- angioplasty and stenting of the arteries of the lower extremities in case of stenotic and occlusive lesions at the level of iliac, femoral, popliteal arteries and arteries of the lower leg, foot;
- thrombaspiration in case of acute or chronic thrombosis of arteries and veins;
- angioplasty and stenting of cerebral arteries and kidneys, peripheral arteries;
- implantation of pacemakers;
- embolization of uterine arteries, bronchial arteries, arterio-venous malformations, prostate adenoma, peripheral artery aneurysms;
- recanalization, thrombaspiration, angioplasty and stenting in occlusive thrombotic lesions of the main veins;
- implantation of a cava filter.
BENEFITS OF THE CENTER FOR INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY AND X-RAY ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY:
- professionalism, extensive experience and decency of our doctors and medical staff form the “gold” standard of our work;
- the organization of our team is built on the principle of high level of patient safety measures and modern methods of diagnostics and treatment, which are supported by constant self-development and traineeships at leading clinics in the United States and Europe;
- we use only the best equipment and materials;
- we have created the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures with minimally invasive techniques that reduce the time of patient’s recovery after a surgical intervention;
- productive cooperation with related specialists of the Dobrobut Medical Network has created the comprehensive approach to treatment and examination of patients, including those with severe pathologies and numerous comorbidities;
- individual approach to the situation of each patient, we do not refuse our patients in difficult situations, but seek for the best solution of the problem, even if it requires the involvement of our colleagues from leading clinics in Europe;
- treatment and diagnostics in our Center are as comfortable as possible and meet the highest international standards of quality and safety;
- our managers and doctors support patients at every stage of treatment, from diagnosis to complete recovery.