Pediatric endocrinologist consultation
The endocrinological system of a child living in a big city is affected by the unfavorable environmental situation in the metropolis, unhealthy lifestyle, frequent stress. It is very important to monitor the normal functioning of the endocrine system, as hormonal disorders can lead to obesity, diabetes, infertility, and other dangerous conditions. The best option, in this case, will be regular examinations by a pediatric endocrinologist - a doctor who deals with diagnosis and treatment, as well as developing methods to prevent disorders of the endocrine system. In Kyiv, you can make an appointment for a consultation and examination with a pediatric endocrinologist in the network of medical clinics "Dobrobut". Our specialists have extensive experience in successful clinical work with diseases of the thyroid gland, pancreas, and other organs of the endocrine system. In addition, they constantly confirm their knowledge at conferences and refresher courses both in Ukraine and abroad. In addition to the high quality of all our services, European level service, our prices are very affordable. Sign up today!
What diseases does a pediatric endocrinologist treat?
Pediatric endocrinologist treats diseases of the endocrine glands. Therefore, it will help solve problems with the following pathologies:
- nodular and diffuse toxic goiter;
- Itsenko-Cushing's disease;
- diencephalic syndrome;
- delayed puberty, or vice versa, premature sexual development;
- chronic adrenal insufficiency and others.
When should you consult a pediatric endocrinologist?
Young children may not always be able to clearly explain what is bothering them, so parents should be wary of any changes in the child's health that are alarming, and in the event of alarming symptoms, seek professional help in a timely manner. Symptoms of endocrine diseases can be:
- significant weight gain or loss, signs of obesity in a child;
- lethargy, drowsiness, apathy, loss of appetite;
- suddenly appeared aggression, irritability, tearfulness;
- constant feeling of fear, rapid heartbeat, tremor;
- dry skin, hair loss;
- decreased vision, cognitive impairment, problems with concentration;
- facial swelling;
- frequent constipation;
- darkening of skin folds on the neck and armpits;
- menstrual disorders;
- accelerated urination;
- strong thirst;
- high blood pressure;
- growth or development retardation;
- constant feeling of cold;
- problems with normal weight gain;
- lack of growth of mammary glands and absence of the first menstruation at girls till 14 years; growth retardation of the penis and testicles in boys under 14 years;
- soreness, feeling of pressure in the neck.
How is a reception and consultation with a pediatric endocrinologist?
At the beginning of the reception, the pediatric endocrinologist talks to the child, and her parents clarifies complaints, clarifies the symptoms. Next, the doctor uses palpation to examine the neck and abdomen of the patient, measures blood pressure and heart rate, examines the skin, nails, and hair. The endocrinologist assesses the general shape of the child, the size of the organs of age and weight, assesses sexual development. Based on the examination data, the specialist determines the presence of signs of the pathology of the endocrine system and sends for tests to clarify the diagnosis. Additional methods of examination may be laboratory tests, ultrasound, CT, MRI of the endocrine system.
If the test results confirm the presence of pathology, the pediatric endocrinologist will develop an individual treatment regimen, or supplement and adjust the old regimen, if the patient was treated before. Endocrinologists use both a wide arsenal of hormonal drugs and surgical methods in the treatment of their patients. If the disease is not confirmed, the specialist will consult with the child on the prevention of diseases of the endocrine system.
To make an appointment with a pediatric endocrinologist at the Dobrobut Clinic in Kyiv, as well as to ask all your questions: cost, list of our services, prices, conditions, etc., you can call the numbers of our call center or use the feedback service on the site.
- М. Шломо, Генри М. Кроненбург, Р. Ларсен «Детская эндокринология», 2012г.
- И.И. Дедова, Г.А. Мельниченко «Эндокринология», 2-е издание, 2015г.
- Херсонська дитяча обласна клінічна лікарня. Міністерство охорони здоров'я України. Наказ 254 від 27.04.2006 р. Про затвердження протоколів надання медичної допомоги дітям за спеціальністю "Дитяча ендокринологія" rel="nofollow".
- Медстандарт.com. Протоколи надання медичної допомоги дітям. Наказ Міністерства охорони здоров‘я України від 27.04.2006 № 254 протокол надання медичної допомоги дітям хворим на цукровий діабетпротокол надання медичної допомоги дітям хворим на цукровий діабет