Information about the doctor Smal Bohdan Orestovych
Work experience: 10 years
- Lviv National Medical University named after D. Halytskyi;
- P. L. Shupyk National University of Health Care. Internship, clinical residency, postgraduate studies.
- as part of the postgraduate course, he defended his dissertation research on the topic: "Effectiveness of educational methods for improving the course of type 2 diabetes" (2016-2020);
- author and co-author of scientific articles in specialized medical publications in Ukraine and abroad;
- I regularly participate in scientific congresses and conferences as a speaker and organizer.
Teaching and / or lecturing:
- associate Professor of the Department of General Medicine PIHE "Dobrobut-Academy".
Areas of professional development:
- member of the working group of the Ministry of Health for the development of a unified clinical protocol for medical care (UCPMC) for children with type 1 diabetes (according to the quota of family medicine);
- Summer School in Alpbach, Austria: "European Health Care and Social Systems in Transition", scholarship holder of the European Alpbach Foundation (2016);
- internship in the secretariat of the Committee on Health Protection of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2015-2016);
- experience of the "Health School" organization for patients with type 2 diabetes at the primary level as part of a dissertation study (2016-2018);
- I receive foreigners, speak English (B2), Polish (B1) and Russian (C1).
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- specialized endocrinological care for adult patients;
- a doctor of primary contact with a wide range of diseases that require conservative outpatient treatment, regardless of age;
- "Family doctors are stakeholders of any successfully functioning health care system. They are the first line implementers of modern evidence-based clinical and organizational practices."
- "In my practice, the focus on prevention in childhood and youth and the organization of assistance to patients with comorbidities at an older age play a huge role. There is also a large share of coordination work."
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
- digitization of medical services. Telemedicine.
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- "Kayaking, hiking"
Advantages of MM 'Dobrobut':
- "I consider the advantages of a clinic of such a level as "Dobrobut" to be patient-oriented, clear limits of competence and responsibility, the opportunity to provide the patient with the highest level of medical care, and therefore to develop professionally."