Botulinum therapy is a popular method of injection cosmetology, which allows you to “erase” existing wrinkles from the face and prevent the appearance of new ones. The procedure is safe, since the preparations contain highly purified certified botulinum toxin, which does not cause side reactions. The technique can be carried out starting from a young age as a component of anti-age programs.
After one session of botulinum therapy in Kyiv in the clinics of MC Dobrobut, you will enjoy smooth skin without mimicking wrinkles for up to 6 months.
The principle of botulinum therapy
For the procedure, botulinum toxin A is used, which can block neuromuscular transmission of impulses. When this substance is injected into problem areas of the face, mimic muscles relax, the skin is smoothed, wrinkles become invisible. Botulinum toxin has a temporary effect, it is removed from the tissues on average within six months.
Purified botulinum toxin is an official drug that cannot cause botulism and other negative effects. It is a well-studied compound with a long history of medical use.
Botulinum therapy has several advantages:
- immediate effect - a smooth face immediately after the completion of the procedure;
- natural result - dosed administration of the drug guarantees the absence of the “mask” effect;
- low trauma - the thinnest needles do not leave marks on the skin;
- simplicity of carrying out - the procedure takes only 20-30 minutes;
- versatility - botulinum therapy is used as an independent method of rejuvenation or is successfully combined with other cosmetic procedures.
What problems does the procedure solve?
Botulinum therapy is recommended for the quick and effective elimination of several skin imperfections:
- frontal and glabellar wrinkles;
- omission or asymmetry of the eyebrow line;
- wrinkles in the corners of the eyes;
- deep nasolabial folds;
- mimic wrinkles around the mouth;
- drooping of the corners of the lips;
- vertical and horizontal wrinkles on the neck.
The low price of botulinum therapy in Ukraine explains the popularity of the service among patients. However, there are several contraindications for the administration of botulinum toxin:
- the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- myasthenic syndromes;
- rashes and inflammation on the skin of the treated area;
- acute infectious diseases;
- exacerbation of chronic somatic pathology;
- malignant neoplasms;
- blood clotting disorders;
- mental disorders;
- intolerance to botulinum toxin or other components of the drug.
How botulinum therapy is performed: price and protocol of the procedure
No special preparation is required for the procedure. Introducing botulinum toxin is performed at an appointment with a cosmetologist and includes the following stages:
- removing makeup and disinfecting the treated area;
- studying the patient’s facial expressions and marking the main points for injections;
- using anesthetic creams with local anesthetics (in rare cases);
- injecting small doses of botulinum toxin into the muscles of the face using fine needles.
The result appears immediately and builds up within 10-14 days. Most drugs provide the effect of smoothing wrinkles for 5-6 months, after which, at the request of the patient, the procedure can be repeated.
The cost of botulinum therapy is determined by the size of the problem area and the amount of the drug used. The doctor tries to achieve the maximum effect of rejuvenation, while maintaining the mobility of facial expressions and a natural facial expression.
Skin care after the procedure
To get the desired effect of botulinum therapy after the procedure, it is necessary to strictly follow the recommendations of the cosmetologist:
- in the first 4 hours be in an upright position;
- do not touch your face for 24 hours, do not rub your skin with a towel;
- in the first few days, sleep on your back on a high pillow;
- exclude visits to the gym, baths, saunas, swimming pools for 10 days;
- give up sunbathes and visits to the solarium for 2 weeks.
Advantages of MC Dobrobut clinics
Our clinic employs experienced cosmetologists who offer patients a full range of hardware and injection procedures. Regular visits to specialists help to keep the skin in good condition and preserve its natural beauty.
Why you should contact us:
- cosmetologists with medical education and extensive work experience;
- compliance with sterility and sanitary and epidemiological standards during injection procedures;
- affordable prices for cosmetology services;
- high level of service and comfortable conditions in the clinic;
- convenient location.
Come for a consultation with experienced cosmetologists of the MC Dobrobut clinic to have botulinum therapy in Kyiv at an affordable price. To make an appointment, contact us by phone or leave a request in the feedback form on the website
- Капулер, О. М. Потенциальные возможности ботулинотерапии. Vestnik Dermatologii i Venerologii 96.5 (2020): 19-23.
- Максимова, Александра. Роль ботулинотерапии в дерматокосметологии. Фармацевт Практик 4 (2018): 34-35.
- Дмитриева, И. П. Новые алгоритмы ботулинотерапии у пациентов пожилого возраста. Инъекционные методы в косметологии 2 (2014): 44.
- Райцева, С. С. Препарат Релатокс®– новые возможности эстетической ботулинотерапии. Клинический опыт. Экспериментальная и клиническая дерматокосметология 3 (2014): 55-59.