Therapeutic treatment of the eyes involves the use of eye drops, ointments, gels, the use of physical procedures, and special hygiene. At the Dobrobut ophthalmology clinic, we provide assistance with all eye problems, using a wide range of treatment methods.
- Parabulbar (subconjunctival) injection (one eye), medications cost excluded410 uah
- Therapeutic massage of the meibomian glands 1 gland340 uah
Preparations for the treatment of eyes:
- Eye drops. They are used for various eye pathologies: for conjunctivitis, keratitis, glaucoma, for the prevention of cataracts, problems with hydration. Drops based on physiological saline are most often used. They help to eliminate irritation when a foreign body gets into the eye, can be prescribed for prevention, as part of a course of infection treatment, etc. They are prescribed, as a rule, for self-treatment, act locally, are not absorbed into the blood or get there in small quantities.
- Eye ointments. They contain an active substance and a base. Usually, the active substance is an antibiotic, a hormone, or an antiviral agent. They are attached to the lower eyelid. If the patient has a problem with using the eye ointment at home, we can help with this at the clinic.
- Means for systemic use: preparations in tablets and capsules. It is used for problems in the deep layers of the eye, the retina, and the vessels of the eyeball. They work not only on the eyes, because they are absorbed into the blood. Most often, these are vitamin-mineral complexes for the eyes, antibiotics, vascular products.
Gymnastics and exercises to improve vision
Gymnastics for the eyes can be used as a prevention of many ophthalmological problems. When performed daily, it helps to preserve visual potential. It is also useful as part of complex treatment of vision problems, more often in children. This approach is effective for binocular vision impairment, astigmatism, strabismus, myopia, and amblyopia. Gymnastics for the eyes is available in any conditions, it can be done at home, at work, on the road, on vacation.
Injection therapy for eye diseases
For the treatment of some eye diseases, injections can be used, which are quite a responsible procedure. The qualifications of Dobrobut ophthalmologists allow injections to be carried out without the risk of complications, safely for the patient and with a good therapeutic effect. The necessity of this procedure is determined by a doctor or a group of doctors at the discussion of the treatment plan.
Types of injections by the place of drug administration:
- Parabulbaric, when the drug is injected into adipose tissue and other tissues around the eyeball.
- Subconjunctival, when the drug is injected under the conjunctiva, mucous membrane of the eye.
- Retrobulbarny, the drug is introduced behind the eyeball.
- Intravitreal, the drug is injected into the vitreous body of the eye.
The need for injections may arise in a situation where it is necessary to quickly inject the drug directly into the affected area. Such a need may arise in case of severe swelling, formation of new blood vessels, increased substance in eye tissues, diseases of the retina, conditions after surgery on the deep layers of the eye, acute and chronic inflammations, etc.
Special types of therapeutic treatment include hardware methods and physiotherapy. Hardware treatment involves the use of special computer programs as a simulator for eye stimulation. Physiotherapy measures are carried out more often for complex inflammatory processes, UHF, laser, electrophoresis procedures are used.