Work experience: 19 years
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Candidate of Medical Science (research degree);
- researcher of Sports and Ballet Injuries Department at Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology of NAMS of Ukraine;
- in progress of writing of PhD thesis on “Neurodystrophic syndrome”;
- author of more than a hundred scientific papers, three monographs and five patents.
Areas of professional development:
- annual participation in various conferences in Ukraine and abroad;
- courses on “Burns, their consequences and rehabilitation of patients”, Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education;
- course on “Innovative technologies in arthroscopic treatment of injuries of shoulder and knee joints”, Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of NAMS of Ukraine;
- scientific and practical seminar on “Modern methods of osteosynthesis for long bones fractures”, “Ortomedikal” and “StrykerOsteonicsS.A.”;
- training on “Osteosynthesis of hip and shin bone with interlocking nails. Surgical treatment of spinal deformities. Hip and knee joints replacement”, “Treu-InstrumenteGmbH” and “ILKOM-BMCI”;
- training on “Protecting of patients – participants of clinical studies”;
- “Ukrainian-Austrian courses in microsurgery”, Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics;
- course “Surgery of forefoot” in Odessa;
- scientific and practical seminar “Unicondylar knee joint replacement” in Lucerne (Switzerland);
- course on “Arthroscopy of ankle joint” in York (England);
- course on “Arthroscopy of shoulder joint” in Riga (Latvia);
- in 2005, he received the grant of the President of Ukraine for gifted youth;
- member of Ukrainian Association of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy;
- constant participant of scientific conferences;
- has an extensive international experience, provides advice for foreign patients.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- diagnosis of musculoskeletal system pathologies;
- surgical treatment of patients with orthopedic trauma (including sports injuries) and pathologies: microsurgery of musculoskeletal system; arthroscopy of joints (shoulder, knee); traditional surgery in orthopedics and traumatology;
- conservative treatment of patients with orthopedic trauma (including sports injuries) and pathologies: institution of medical therapy; retaining bandaging; use of orthoses in treatment; Kinesio Taping; execution of intra-articular injections;
- advising athletes on training optimization.
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
- treatment of chronic pain syndromes.
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- ‘In my free time I do sports, spend time with family, study books on my specialty. During vacation I manage to read some fiction.’
- ‘If you are an athlete, exercise yourself with such load you are physically prepared for.’ ‘Exercise your legs and knees throughout the year: crouch, run, go to pool. It is very important to maintain muscle and joint tone. You cannot be relaxed for a year, and then go skiing for two weeks and give a strong load on legs.’