Videogastroduodenoscopy (VGDS) - is a visual examination of the upper gastrointestinal (esophagus, stomach, duodenum) using the videogastroscope.
The VGDS procedure allows not only to make examination and take pictures or video of the process and results, but, if necessary, to do a biopsy (to receive samples of mucosa for further examination). Also, during gastroscopy the treatment of affected areas is possible (for example, irrigation of a gastric ulcer with medicines).
In the hospital of the "Dobrobut" MN there is a possibility to conduct this examination with all kinds of modern anesthesia. It provides comfort to patients during the procedure.
In which cases is the VGDS (videogastroduodenoscopy) indicated:
- feeling of weight and pain in the upper abdomen;
- heartburn, belching, bitterness in the mouth;
- reduced appetite;
- previously identified gastric diseases with the purpose of differential diagnostics;
- at the age after 40 years (Endoscopic screening once a year).
The procedure duration: 45 minutes.
The service includes:
- visual examination of the upper gastrointestinal (esophagus, stomach, duodenum) using the videogastroscope;
- if necessary, it is conducted (additionally paid): CD recording, biopsy, microscopic examination of the material, anaesthesia, staying in the hospital ward.
The advantage of videogastroduodenoscopy, comparing with the conventional fibrogastroscopy, is high information content.
A digital endoscope can not only transmit a clear image, but increase it as a microscope. This allows the doctor to see the minute tissue structure, detect mucosae changes at the early stages.