Professional teeth cleaning for children
From the moment of appearance of the first tooth of the child, it is necessary to accustom it to the correct hygiene of an oral cavity. To a greater extent, problems with deciduous and permanent teeth occur due to bacterial plaque, which can not cope with a regular toothbrush. A large number of bacteria contribute to the formation of caries, the appearance of diseases of the ENT organs, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. And if the plaque begins to mineralize - this leads to the appearance of tartar, which can be removed only with special tools and equipment.
Professional teeth cleaning in dentistry will help protect your child from the effects of dental plaque. This is an important element in preventing the development of pathology of the dental apparatus in children.
Dobrobut Dental Clinic in Kyiv invites young patients and their parents for professional teeth cleaning. In our arsenal - only the best dentists in Ukraine, modern, effective materials and devices, and all at affordable prices.
What are the benefits of children's professional teeth cleaning?
- professional cleaning is an ideal method of cleaning hard-to-reach gingival canals;
- prevents the development of pathogenic microflora, and as a consequence, prevents inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity;
- helps strengthen and protect tooth enamel;
- removes surface pigmentation and yellowness;
- is carried out painlessly;
- due to the enamel polishing, bacteria are furthermore difficult to attach to the surface of the teeth;
- suitable for children undergoing orthodontic treatment;
- contributes to the formation of a positive attitude towards dental care.
When and how often do you need to come for a hygienic cleaning?
You can start the procedure at the age of 3 when the dentition is already fully formed. Children need professional teeth cleaning before each treatment at the dentist, before the installation of fixed orthodontic structures, such as braces. Other indications depend on the quality of daily care, the tendency to caries, the location of the teeth. However, it is recommended to visit a professional cleaning at least once every 6 months, sometimes even more often, once every 3-4 months. It is during this period that you can detect the slightest changes in tooth enamel and eliminate them in a timely manner.
Contraindications to professional brushing in children
- Acute infectious diseases.
- Allergy to the components that make up the paste.
- Inflammation of the mucous tissues of the oral cavity.
- Pathological abrasion, thinning of the enamel.
- Erosions or hypoplasia on the surface of tooth enamel.
How is children's dental cleaning performed?
To begin with, it is necessary to prepare the child on a psychological level. Parents should explain that the doctor is set only for the benefit of the procedure, and in any case, will not cause the child pain during cleaning. It is also necessary to describe how the procedure is performed and why it should be performed.
Dentists of Dobrobut Dental Clinic, besides being the best specialists in Ukraine, are to some extent also psychologists - they will be able to pick up the key to the heart of any child and form only positive impressions from visiting dental offices.
The procedure of professional cleaning begins with an examination by a dentist-hygienist of the oral cavity: the condition of each tooth is assessed. Next, the specialist applies a special dye to the teeth, which helps to detect plaque. With the help of a special professional brush and paste, the doctor carefully removes soft plaque, treating each tooth in turn. After the treatment of the teeth, the cleaning of the interdental spaces with the help of floss begins. After polishing the surface of the teeth, the final stage is remineralization - saturation of the enamel with calcium and fluoride-containing drugs in the form of gel or jelly.
From the age of 9, it is possible to use cleaning devices, but the method is always chosen by the doctor based on the age and individual characteristics of each patient.
After the procedure, the dentist will be sure to conduct a preventive conversation, teach the child to brush his teeth properly, use a toothbrush, and help choose individual hygiene products.
Remember, professional brushing is not an alternative to home cleaning: it should be done in parallel.
To enroll your child for brushing teeth at Dobrobut Dental Clinic or to clarify the cost of the service - call our call center.
- American Dental Association.Oral Health Topics.
- Science Direct. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association.Practical Guidelines for Physicians in Promoting Oral Health in Frail Older Adults. Volume 19, Issue 12, December 2018, Pages 1039-1046
- Journal of the American Dietetic Association. «Nutrition and Oral Health Guidelines for Pregnant Women, Infants, and Children», 2020