Information about the doctor Ponomarenko Oksana Leonidovna
Work experience: 26 years
- Lugansk State Medical University
Membership in associations, societies; attending conferences, thematic improvement courses:
- member of Ukrainian Association of Pediatric Gynecologists.
Areas of professional development:
- advanced training courses in Kyiv, Kharkiv and Lugansk, professional improvement courses;
- regular participation in specialized conferences and a three-days training on child and general Gynecology after Tatarchuk;
- study of profile periodicals and Internet resources;
- foreign languages skills: english, polish.
- ‘Many little kids come with synechia diagnosis – imperforate of labia minora, vulvitis and vulvovaginitis – inflammatory diseases of external genitalia. Usually these problems are a consequence of viruses and colds, and their complications.’
- ‘No matter if a patient is one or 12 years old, I try to find a common language with everybody and very delicately and carefully do the examination – gently, with no haste. It is important not to do something wrong, for a lot of things in future are dependent from it.’
- ‘Before reception, a child should be set up in a positive way, because there is nothing scary about children’s gynecology – this is minimum of instruments all of which are atraumatic.’
- ‘A good doctor should be qualified and must continuously improve his professional level. He must also be humane, should love all people and patients in particular. It is important to treat patients as own children, to feel sorry for them. Yet the main thing is to love people, as ethical aspect is very important.’
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory diseases of external and internal genital organs in children and adults;
- diagnosis and treatment of adults menstrual disorders;
- conservative treatment of functional cysts;
- separation of adhesions with further prevention of relapse.
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
- US (ultrasonic scanning).
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- ‘I learn foreign languages, because I plan to develop myself in the professional sphere and beyond. In the near future in “Dobrobut” a trip to Poland is planned, to visit local clinics, exchange experience with colleagues. Knowledge of language is very useful there. English is necessary for reading western medical Internet resources - there’s a lot of useful information for professionals.’
- ‘It is important from birth to show your girl to pediatric gynecologist once a year and to follow recommendations for child care. Because prevention is the foundation of health.’
- ‘If a little girl has any redness on vulva, it is itching, burning or there is a discharge of any nature - which in general small children should not suffer from - make sure to visit a doctor. You also need to show a girl to a gynecologist, if urine analysis shows leukocytes presence.’
- ‘Warning signs for teenage girls are: menstrual cycle disorders, irregular periods, pain in abdomen - these problems are also a reason to visit teenage gynecologist.’
- ‘Parents need to understand that at teenager age everything is well treated, because body develops and grows. And if problem is not getting old, and one consults a doctor, for example, with girl cycle disorders, it can be treated by vitamins or herbal preparations, and will help to avoid infertility in future.’
- ‘I advise you to smile more, be positive and do not be afraid of doctors.’
Advantages of MM 'Dobrobut':
- ‘“Dobrobut” pediatricians practice mandatory direction of young patients for gynecologist inspection, that allows to monitor their health at early age. The other clinics do not practice it. The clinic has all the necessary medication (complete drug database, including solutions, ointments). We use disposable atraumatic tools, apply soft approach to patients wherever we can.’