The use of a laser in ophthalmology allows solving problems associated with changes in the retina or in the thickness of the vitreous body, without the need for recovery after surgery. Laser treatment of the retina is used in case of retinal detachment and helps prevent vision loss. Using a laser beam, the doctor coagulates the place where the retina detaches from the fundus, after which the detachment process stops.
At the Dobrobut ophthalmology clinic, doctors work using modern equipment and according to international standards, which allows treating diseases of the vitreous body of the eye and retina as effectively as possible.
- Intravitreal injection of aflibercept (not including the cost of the medicine)3260 uah
- Intravitreal administration of the drug (without the cost of the drug)3100 uah
- Basic ventriculostomy29890 uah
- Macular Surgery34090 uah
- Posterior vitrectomy with silicone oil endotamponade37240 uah
- Posterior vitrectomy with air-gas tamponade37240 uah
- Posterior Vitrectomy with Phacoemulsification of Cataract (PEC) and Implantation of Intraocular Lens (IOL AcrySof SA60AT, Alcon, USA)40390 uah
- Anterior vitrectomy18180 uah
- Vitreous Cavity Revision19760 uah
- Irrigation of the Vitreous Cavity14510 uah
- Extrascleral buckling29420 uah
- Removal of silicone oil from the vitreous cavity19760 uah
- Posterior vitrectomy with endotamponade using an air-gas mixture and phacoemulsification of cataract (Phacoemulsification) with intraocular lens (IOL) implantation. Single-component monofocal lens Acrysof SA60AT48830 uah
Types of laser treatment of the retina
The ophthalmologist can combine different treatment methods if it helps to achieve a better result.
Laser treatment can be as follows:
- panretinal laser coagulation,
- limited laser coagulation,
- selective methods of laser treatment of the retina.
How laser treatment works
- The ophthalmologist applies pain-relieving eye drops. Installs a laser contact lens.
- When using the laser, the patient does not feel pain, usually the operation is tolerated very well. The procedure lasts from 10 to 20 minutes.
When a doctor can prescribe laser treatment of the retina
- Consequences of an eye injury, in particular retinal tear, as well as hemorrhages in the vitreous body.
- Detachment and tear of the retina due to peripheral degeneration, laser application is indicated as soon as possible.
- Diabetic retinopathy.
- Central serous chorioretinopathy.
- Thrombosis of retinal veins, angiomatosis, age-related changes.
Laser treatment of the vitreous body in Dobrobut
The pathology of the vitreous body can manifest itself in the appearance of various inclusions in it, which can appear in the field of vision as dots, threads, webs, etc. They seem to float in front of the eye and get in the way. Ophthalmologists call such changes destruction of the vitreous body.
Filarial destruction often occurs at a young age. However, it can also be a sign of fluid loss in the vitreous body of the eye in the elderly. At the same time, microscopic fibers in the vitreous body stick together and create shadows on the retina.
Also, this symptom can be a consequence of a number of general health problems or a component of another eye pathology.
Opacity of the vitreous body can manifest itself as spots in the field of vision, they move and it is impossible to focus on them. Spots in the field of vision can be noticed when looking at a uniform light background. Also, the vitreous body may contain lipid inclusions, cholesterol, magnesium and phosphorus salts.
How laser treatment of the vitreous body works
Dobrobut doctors are very attentive to any patient complaints and quality early diagnosis. If you have any minor vision changes, make an appointment with an ophthalmologist.
For suspected vitreous destruction, the doctor will determine visual acuity, conduct a detailed examination of the back of each eye, ultrasound.
During the examination, the ophthalmologist will assess the condition of the retina and vitreous body and draw conclusions regarding the need for treatment.
The vitreous body can be cleared of darkening with the help of a laser beam. The operation is called vitreolysis. If the destruction is accompanied by a significant decrease in vision, which causes discomfort to the patient, operative treatment is indicated: vitrectomy. The procedure consists in removing the vitreous body followed by tamponade of the eye cavity with a special gas.
The main advantages of the laser treatment method:
- no need for preoperative preparation;
- local anesthesia;
- ambulatory procedure;
- fast performance of laser manipulations;
- absence of bleeding and pain.