Pediatric intensive care is a department of a multidisciplinary medical center that allows you to assist young patients with critical health problems.
In the MC Dobrobut clinic, intensive care wards are organized, which have modern equipment for all types of emergency care and emergency treatment of children over 1-month-old.
The intensive care unit employs professionals with many years of practical experience in anesthesiology and resuscitation, who manage to successfully care for even the most difficult patients.
Possibilities of children’s resuscitation of clinics of MC “Dobrobut”
We have organized one of the best intensive care units for children in Kyiv, which is equipped with the following equipment:
- devices for artificial lung ventilation (IVL) expert level;
- resuscitation monitors, which allow you to monitor blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation, body temperature, and other important indicators around the clock;
- blood gas analyzer;
- laboratory monitoring;
- auxiliary equipment for intensive therapy and nursing of children in intensive care.
How is the treatment carried out in the intensive care unit
Emergency care for children in our clinic in Kyiv is carried out by the current Ukrainian and international protocols. Doctors possess all the skills of resuscitation measures, and vast practical experience allows them to make the right decisions in a short time and, if necessary, adjust the tactics of treatment and child care.
According to the indications, the child can undergo the following types of diagnostics and treatment:
- round-the-clock monitoring of blood biochemical parameters;
- emergency sonography according to FAST, FATE, BLUE protocols;
- instrumental diagnostic techniques (CT, MRI) to determine the root cause of pathology and control dynamics;
- artificial ventilation of the lungs in different modes;
- all types of anesthesia, including inhalation, intravenous, regional anesthesia;
- placement of central venous catheters, administration of medications, according to the underlying disease.
The cost of children’s intensive care services is calculated individually, considering the severity of the condition, the volume of medical and diagnostic measures taken, and the length of stay.
To treat children, a multidisciplinary approach is used, therefore, if necessary, doctors involve specialists of a different profile in the therapy: pediatric cardiologists, pulmonologists, endocrinologists, and neurologists. A comprehensive examination and the appointment of a complex etiopathogenetic therapy allows you to quickly improve the state of health and transfer the child to a regular hospital.
Indications for hospitalization in pediatric intensive care
The decision on the need for treatment in the intensive care unit is made by the doctor after assessing the child’s health. Typical problems that require intensive care in the intensive care unit:
- a sharp deterioration in the vital functions of the body - cardiopulmonary failure, shock;
- acute systemic allergic reactions - Quincke’s edema, anaphylactic shock, acute progressive urticaria, individual reaction to drug administration;
- fever over 39-40 ° C and febrile convulsions occurring against its background;
- respiratory disorders in an attack of bronchial asthma, acute stenosing laryngotracheitis, complicated pneumonia;
- decompensation of endocrine diseases - diabetes mellitus, hypo- and hyperthyroidism, adrenal insufficiency.
- neurological disorders (convulsions, impaired consciousness or severe agitation, etc.);
- decompensation of chronic diseases, accompanied by a sharp deterioration in the condition;
- metabolic disorders requiring correction - anemia, correction of electrolyte disturbances, etc.
Can parents be with the child?
Since 2016, law No. 592 has been in effect in Ukraine, which allows parents to visit the patient even during treatment in the intensive care unit. According to the new rules, one of the parents, if desired, can be with the child around the clock when the condition is stabilized. It should be borne in mind that several requirements are imposed on visitors to the intensive care unit, which is aimed at observing safe treatment conditions and sterility of the premises. More information about them can be found on the official website of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, in the text of Law No. 592: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0883-16#Text.
Critical health problems in a child are not a sentence. Experienced pediatric resuscitators and anesthesiologists successfully cope with various emergency conditions in children when parents contact the medical center on time.
The department of children’s intensive care in Kyiv accepts patients around the clock. To get advice, find out the exact prices of treatment and ask other questions of interest, call us by phone or write in the feedback form on the page.
- Наказ МОЗ України від 05.06.2019 № 1269 "Про затвердження та впровадження медико-технологічних документів зі стандартизації екстреної медичної допомоги" rel="nofollow".
- Standards of Care for Children in Emergency Departments. Version 3.0. International Federation of Emergency Medicine. Last updated April 2019