Information about the doctor Nedashkovska Iryna Mykolaivna
Work experience: 36 years
- Bogomolets National Medical University
Areas of professional development:
- member of the Association of Pediatricians and the Association of Pediatric Cardiorheumatologists;
- regular participation in School of Cardiology, City School of Cardiology based in hospital No.1;
- ECG courses on congenital heart disease and cardiac arrhythmia;
- Provision colleagues with practical basis for researches, cooperation with colleagues in preparation of scientific publications;
- author of 10 medical articles in professional periodicals;
- completed an internship and attended conferences in France, at a cardiology center in Germany;
- a general practitioner and a pediatrician from a hospital with departments of somatics, endocrinology, cardiology, and pathologies in newborns.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- management and treatment of children suffering from vascular dystonia, myocardial dystrophy, carditis, congenital malformations (conservative treatment), reactive and rheumatoid arthritis;
- advice, examination, treatment and management of children from 0 to 18 years age;
- diagnostic and treatment techniques in pediatrics (implementation and interpretation of ECG, rheoencephalography, intravenous manipulations);
- advice and conservative treatment of children suffering from congenital heart disease, angioneurosis and collagen diseases.
- The most common complaints: ‘Most often I deal with vegetovascular dystonia, unstable blood pressure in children and adolescents, differential diagnosis of secondary arterial hypertension etc.’, ‘Number of adolescents with elevated blood pressure, namely hypertension, has increased recently. I believe this is due to constant stress, huge workloads and large amount of information. Teenagers spend too much time being indoors surfing the Internet.’
- ‘We need to help people, understand children and love our job. The main thing is to love children, and everything will be all right.’
- ‘Parents brought a child with rheumatoid arthritis suspected. As a result, a diagnosis revealed a very rare disease that up to this case was diagnosed only in Switzerland – pachydermodactyly. We took a photo for colleagues could recognize it. Throughout the practice, there were only three cases of such disease to be diagnosed.’
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
- pathologies in infants.
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- ‘I love photography and traveling. I traveled almost around the whole Europe, visited many clinics in Germany, France, Poland and Italy – that is the way to share experience and learn something new. We are always very welcome abroad.’
- ‘Parents should be alerted by children’s undue fatigability, headaches, dizziness, heart pain, air hunger, restless sleep etc. In this case it is better to see a specialist for this mask can hide anything.’ ‘Heart is a muscular organ and it needs to be trained – go for walk and move your body more often. The best advice in this case is the sun, air and water. You need to lead a healthy lifestyle.’