- dystopia and retention of wisdom teeth;
- gum recessions;
- lack of teeth;
- carbuncles of the face;
- boils of the face;
- jaw cysts (follicular, radicular, residual);
- drug-induced osteonecrosis of the jaws (MRONJ);
- maxillofacial abscesses;
- odontogenic sinusitis;
- calculus sialadenitis;
- tumors and tumor-like formations of the head and neck;
- temporomandibular joint arthritis (TMJ);
- fractures of the upper jaw;
- fractures of the lower jaw;
- fractures of the facial complex;
- fractures of the orbital walls;
- endocrine orbitopathy (Graves' orbitopathy);
- congenital and acquired defects and deformations of the bones of the facial skull;
- skeletal anomalies of occlusion.
YOU NEED SPECIALIST CONSULTATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IF YOU NOTICE THESE SYMPTOMS
- pain syndrome;
- the appearance of bleeding ulcers in the mouth;
- doubling in the eyes after injury;
- symptoms of fractures of the facial bones;
- bite change after injury;
- no effect from orthodontic treatment. Every patient should remember that the disease is easier to prevent than to cure.
DIAGNOSTICS AND EQUIPMENT
We have created all the conditions for the most modern and accurate diagnosis to be comfortable and accessible to you:
- Laboratory diagnostics;
- Pathohistological diagnosis.
These are chronic structural changes in the periodontal tissues. There may be a pain in the tooth when pressed on it or under the influence of temperature stimuli, redness, and swelling of the gums, tooth mobility, fistula formation.
The main cause of chronic periodontitis is complications of caries or traumatic tooth damage.
The main types of treatment of chronic periodontitis: conservative therapy by a dentist-therapist and surgical treatment by maxillofacial surgeons (dentists-surgeons).
If it is impossible to carry out high-quality and full-fledged conservative dental therapy at the dentist-therapist, then the main method of treatment is surgery. Maxillofacial surgeons always try to perform tooth-saving operations: amputation of the tooth root, hemisection, cystectomy, resection of the apex of the tooth root. In severe cases, doctors perform a tooth extraction, which is not a verdict today, as dental implants are possible, which helps to fully restore the dentition and preserve the quality of life of the patient.
If necessary, the specialists of our clinic can offer the patient to perform osteoplasty ("build-up" of bone tissue in the area where implants are planned) using their own or artificial bone.
DYSTOPIA AND RETENTION OF WISDOM TEETH
One of the most common pathologies of the maxillofacial area. These terms mean difficult, incorrect eruption of wisdom teeth. The causes of this pathology can be many: violation of the process of bookmarking or formation of the tooth germ, lack of space in the jaw, and so on.
"Dobrobut" MN offers painless removal of wisdom teeth under both local and general anesthesia.
TRAUMATIC INJURIES OF FACIAL BONES
In daily practice, the maxillofacial surgeon often has to deal with a variety of traumatic injuries to the facial bones. Facial bone fractures are complete or partial violations of integrity that occur under the influence of mechanical factors.
Specialists of Dobrobut Medical Center perform surgical interventions using the highest quality fixators for the following reasons:
- mandibular fractures;
- fractures of the upper jaw;
- fractures of the facial complex;
- orbital fractures.
In case of orbital fractures, our clinic specialists can offer the patient a unique surgical intervention - reconstruction (restoration) of orbital integrity using digital technologies that allow modeling and manufacturing individual implants of the bottom and walls of the orbit to eliminate vision disorders such as diplopia.
SKELETAL ANOMALIES OF OCCLUSION
The pathology that cannot be cured with braces or other orthodontic appliances alone. In such cases, the patient needs orthognathic surgery.
Orthognathic surgery - a type of treatment that involves surgical correction of occlusion and facial profile by changing the shape of the jaws and moving them in space in a given direction
At Dobrobut Medical Center, such a service is provided by a highly qualified team of maxillofacial surgeons after a thorough examination, as well as computer simulation of the operation and its results.
The presented type of treatment is shown in the case of:
- deformations of the dentition due to disorders of formation, growth, and development of facial bones;
- the facial asymmetry caused by disproportions in the size and shape of the jaws;
- excessive development of the lower jaw, which disrupts the harmonious appearance of the face;
- underdevelopment of the jaws, including due to congenital anomalies and malformations (with nonunion of the upper lip and palate, etc.);
- as a stage of preparation or acceleration of orthodontic treatment.
In "Dobrobut" MN surgical interventions are performed on both one and two jaws, chin correction and surgical expansion of the upper jaw are performed. All basic orthognathic operations: osteotomies by Le Faure method, planar osteotomy by DalPont - Obwegezer (bilateral sagittal split osteotomy), the distraction of the upper and lower jaw, compact osteotomy, enlargement of the upper jaw (rapid maxillary expansion), etc.
DEFECTS AND DEFORMATIONS OF THE MAXILLOFACIAL AREA
One of the most complex (from a professional point of view) and socially significant pathology of maxillofacial surgery. The purpose of their treatment is not only to normalize functions but also to restore facial aesthetics and improve the patient's life.
Reconstructive and reconstructive surgery, which requires high professionalism and careful preoperative planning, is shown in the following cases:
- the presence of congenital anomalies of the face;
- the appearance of defects (soft or bone tissue) after radical surgical treatment of tumors of the face and neck;
- occurrence of defects and deformations as a result of facial injuries.
Opportunities to provide care to patients with defects and facial deformities in MC "Dobrobut":
- careful preoperative planning of future surgery using digital technologies;
- the possibility of involving specialists in various fields: microvascular surgeons, neurosurgeons, otorhinolaryngologists, etc .;
- the possibility of replacing defects of soft tissues or bones of the face using microvascular techniques;
- the possibility of making individualized structures: endoprostheses, templates, fixators, etc.
Surgical interventions that we perform:
- removal of teeth of various degrees of complexity;
- resection of root tips;
- removal of jaw cysts;
- dental implantation;
- osteoplasty ("building" bone tissue using both own and artificial tissues);
- periodontal surgery (elimination of recessions, etc.);
- removal of concretions (stones) of the ducts of the salivary glands;
- removal of tumors (cysts, adenomas, etc.) of the salivary glands;
- treatment of endocrine orbitopathies;
- treatment of orbital fractures;
- treatment of fractures of the upper jaw;
- treatment of mandibular fractures;
- treatment of fractures of the cheekbones;
- removal of tumors of the head and neck;
- reconstructive and restorative surgical interventions (replacement of defects of various parts of the face);
- temporomandibular joint surgery;
- orthognathic surgery.
ADVANTAGES WE OFFER
- Possibility to perform surgical interventions both under local anesthesia and under general anesthesia;
- Treatment takes into account the individual characteristics of each patient;
- Possibility of application of digital technologies at stages of planning of operative interventions;
- Multidisciplinary approach;
- Treatment according to international standards and protocols;
- Own resuscitation department;
- High manufacturability;
- Many years of experience;
- A team of highly qualified doctors;