Correction of the child's bite
Beautiful straight teeth are one of the important elements of attractiveness. According to statistics, 80% of adults have problems with occlusion and increasingly resort to the services of orthodontists. The best way to avoid the consequences is to carry out the orthodontic treatment in a timely manner in childhood.
Why is it so important to correct a child's bite?
Proper bite and a beautiful straight dentition - this is not only an attractive appearance and a perfect smile but also healthy. Often it is the violation of the anatomical position of the teeth on the maxillary arches that causes the development of serious diseases:
- when the bite is disturbed, the masticatory load is distributed unevenly - this leads to abrasion of the enamel, loosening, destruction of teeth, and periodontitis;
- improper distribution of masticatory load also contributes to poor chewing of food, and as a consequence - diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- some areas of crooked teeth are especially difficult to clean from plaque, resulting in caries and tartar;
- the work of the musculoskeletal system is disturbed.
Methods of occlusion correction
- Myogymnastics is effective only at the age of 4 years when a permanent bite has not yet formed. Is a set of exercises that affect facial and masticatory muscles.
- Application of dental plates - removable orthodontic construction made of soft plastic and metal fixator. The dental plate is made according to individual casts made by a dentist. The plates are comfortable and light to use, they can be removed while brushing your teeth or at bedtime, but the downside is that the child sometimes forgets to wear them, and this affects the effectiveness of treatment. The duration of treatment averages from one to two years.
- Trainer (removable cap) - an orthodontic appliance made of silicone, consisting of arches for the dentition, tongue, and lip bumper. The cap works as a simulator of the masticatory muscles and tongue, accustoming them to proper physiological work. To correct the bite of the child it is enough to wear a trainer during the day for 2 hours and during sleep. The benefits of cap treatment are also versatility, minimal discomfort during use, and affordable price.
- Eyeliners are transparent toothpicks that are made individually from hypoallergenic flexible plastic. The stable shape of the liner helps it to gently press on the baby's teeth, gradually moving them and forming a correct bite. To achieve the effect, they must be worn constantly, removing only during meals and brushing your teeth.
- A bracket system is a fixed orthodontic construction, which is used in children older than 12 years when deciduous teeth have become permanent. Used to correct the most complex defects of the dentition and anomalies. Modern orthodontics offers many types of braces, so you can now pick them up for almost any request and cost.
Dobrobut Dental Clinic in Kyiv invites young patients and their parents for a consultation with an orthodontist and correction of the bite with the help of the latest modern designs. With us, you are guaranteed to get a solution to the problem of pathological occlusion of any level of complexity, treatment using the most advanced techniques, quality service of European level, individual approach to each patient, recommendations for dental care, and much more. Our specialists - not only the best dentists in Ukraine but also excellent psychologists - will be able to pick up the key to any child's heart and leave only pleasant impressions of the treatment.
To make an appointment for a consultation, call our call center at any time of the day.
- ORTHODONTIC BRACKETS, SELECTION, PLACEMENT AND DEBONDING
- D. Millet, R. Welbury. Orthodontics and Paediatric Dentistry, 2nd ed. 2010
- Л.С. Персин «Стоматология детского возраста. Ортодонтия», 2016г.