Visceral therapy is a manual method of treating diseases of the internal organs of the chest cavity, abdominal cavity, and pelvis, which contributes to the improvement of the whole body.
To understand the benefits of visceral therapy, you need to understand two things.
- The health of the whole organism is formed by a triad: structure/chemical component/emotions, energy
- Dysfunction of internal organs has an impact on all three components:
- All internal organs have a ligamentous apparatus that attaches to the musculoskeletal system (bones) and membranes that serve for free movement of organs (pleura and peritoneum). Therefore, a malfunction of an organ negatively affects the place of its fixation (structure).
- Internal organs form the so-called "chemical component" of the body.
- Dysfunctions of internal organs affect the psycho-emotional state of a person. There are many studies on the mapping of emotions in the human body.
Thus, improving the functioning of internal organs has a favourable effect on the whole organism, increasing energy potential and performance.
Today, there are two main schools of visceral therapy: the Old Slavic school (O.T. Ogulov, President of the Professional Association of Visceral Practitioners, Professor of Traditional Medicine) and the school of Jean-Pierre Barral (Academic Director of the International College of Osteopaths in Saint-Etienne (France), Head of the Department of Visceral Manipulations at the Faculty of Medicine in Paris du Nord (France), and a lecturer in craniosacral therapy at the U.S. Applegate Institute).
The technique under consideration is used for many diseases, but the following points are particularly worth highlighting:
- Methods of visceral therapy are excellent for chronic pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. We are talking about gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, haemorrhoids, enterocolitis, gastritis and constipation, and esophageal hernia.
- Often positive results are noted during visceral massage in pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), non-calcific cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder), biliary dyskinesia.
- Pestilence, some forms of infertility, menstrual disorders, chronic prostatitis - these are all indications for visceral effects on the pelvic organs. Contraindications to the procedure include pregnancy and bleeding. Menstruation also makes the procedure impossible.
- If a person has chronic respiratory diseases with difficult sputum discharge, the consequences of pleuropneumonia, this method of treatment will be very useful.
- Visceral manipulations will also help to alleviate the patient's condition in case of spinal diseases (osteochondrosis, protrusions and herniated discs), as the visceral component of spinal biomechanics disorders and spasm of short (postural) muscles will be eliminated.
Even in case of diabetes mellitus, after the sessions of this therapy, the patient feels better: the blood sugar level stabilises, and the accompanying symptoms (headache, general weakness, itchy skin, etc.) do not bother.
First of all, the purpose of a visceral therapy session is to restore the position and freedom of movement of internal organs, eliminate the negative effects of tension of the ligamentous apparatus on the attachment points.
According to doctors, inflammation of any organ is accompanied by paresis of nervous tissues and severe vascular spasms. The result is insufficient supply of oxygen and nutrients to the diseased organs. Stagnation begins in the venous and lymphatic systems, in which the products of pathogenic microorganisms can be retained.
If you perform visceral massage of internal organs professionally, using a specially developed technology and courses, you can speed up the recovery process, because the cells of diseased organs will receive all the necessary substances in sufficient quantities.
Firstly, this technique of manual influence on internal organs requires in-depth knowledge of the physiology and anatomy of the human body. Therefore, only experienced professionals with a valid medical education can perform the therapy. And if you have an appointment with a doctor, firstly, make sure that he or she is qualified.
Secondly, you need to know about contraindications for visceral therapy:
- malignant tumours;
- mental disorders;
- bleeding disorders
- fever in the setting of an infectious disease
- acute period of the disease.
The benefits of visceral therapy are confirmed by official sources. However, the technique is so complex that you need to be sure that a professional, not an amateur, will work with your body.
You can find out where the visceral manual therapy centre is located and when you can undergo a course of procedures on our website.
Article author - Stelmakh Ihor Mykolaiovych
Do you want to get an online explanation of a doctor from Dobrobut clinic chain?
Download our application in Google Play and App Store