Information about the doctor Oliinyk Yurii Vasylovych
Work experience: 24 years
- Kharkiv State Medical University
Membership in associations, societies; attending conferences, thematic improvement courses:
- member of the All-Ukrainian Association of Orthopedic Traumatologists;
- member of the Association of Pediatric Orthopedic Traumatologists of Ukraine.
- PhD Medicine (thesis defended in 2017 Fibrous Dysplasia of the Long Bones of the Lower Extremities: Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention of Complications);
- author of more than 40 scientific works published in national and foreign scientific publications, 2 patents for invention;
- speaker at many meetings of the Society of Orthopedic Traumatologists, scientific and practical conferences in Ukraine and abroad (including 8th ICCBH Würzburg, Germany, 2017; EPOS, Oslo, Norway, 2018).
Teaching and / or lecturing:
- 2019: lecturer and facilitator at the scientific and practical seminar "Treatment of congenital clubfoot in children - the Ponseti Method", Dnipro City.
Areas of professional development:
- 1993-1999: Kharkiv State Medical University;
- 1999-2001: internship in traumatology and orthopedics at the Regional Traumatology Hospital, Kharkiv;
- 2010-2012: clinical residency at the Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv;
- 2012-2015: full-time postgraduate study at the Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine", Kyiv;
- 2018, 2019: courses in orthopedics and traumatology, OAO Course, Vienna, Austria; AO Trauma, Ukraine;
- 2016: received specialization in ultrasound diagnosis, Kyiv;
- 2020: advanced thematic course Ultrasound Diagnosis in Orthopedics and Traumatology, Kyiv.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- diagnosis (ultrasound) and treatment of dysplasia of hip joints in newborns;
- diagnosis (ultrasound) and treatment of inflammatory (non-infectious) diseases of tendons and joints (tendonitis, tenosynovitis, bursitis, synovitis);
- treatment of flat feet in children by the Ponseti method (the world "gold" standard for treating flat feet);
- conservative treatment of osteochondropathies in children (Legg-Calvet-Perthes, Koenig, Osgood-Schlatter, Keller I, II, Schinz disease, etc.);
- correction of axial deformities (congenital, acquired) and the length of the lower extremities using minimally invasive technology (temporary epiphysiodesis);
- conservative treatment of injuries of the ligamentous apparatus and bones of the skeleton (distortion, dislocation, fractures) in children using modern materials for immobilization (Softcast, Scotchcast, Turbocast); manufacturing of individual orthoses (during the consultation) from Turbocast thermoplastic material;
- surgical treatment of bone fractures (clavicle, humerus, bones of the forearm, hand, femur, shin bones, foot) using minimally invasive technologies and modern metal fixators;
- surgical treatment of tumor and dysplastic diseases of bones in children (solitary and aneurysmal cyst, nonossifying fibroma, osteoma, osteoid osteoma, enchondroma, chondroma, osteochondroma (osteochondromal exostosis), fibrous and osteofibrous dysplasia), chondroblastoma according to the international standards.
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
- "I am interested in modern trends in the development of medicine and various techniques (research, technology, etc.)"
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- "I like to play football. When I have free time I visit the gym and swimming pool. My favorite films are Dog’s Heart, Good Year". The latest books I like are Get Out of the Comfort Zone by Dan Valschmidt and Atlas Shrugged byAyn Rand”
- “I believe that the most important thing in medicine is the prevention of diseases. But if you are already ill, contact the professionals in their field in time. It is a timely visit to a doctor that can solve most problems and prevent the occurrence of complications. In pediatric orthopedics and traumatology, I can confidently say that this principle works 200%”