Information about the doctor Dyba Maryna Borysivna
Work experience: 23 years
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy
- in 2006 obtained his Ph.D. in medicine in specialty Pediatrics on the topic “Clinical and microbiological features of necrotizing enterocolitis of newborn babies”;
- from 2005 – research scientist of the Department of Children's Liver and Gastrointestinal Diseases at the State Institution “Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine”;
- from 2013 – senior research scientist of the Department of Liver and Gastrointestinal Diseases at the State Institution “Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine”;
- from 2016 – works as a senior research scientist of the Department of Liver Diseases with the Pediatric Hepatology Center at the State Institution “Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology of NAMS of Ukraine”;
- author of more than 55 academic papers, 7 patents, makes reports at the gastroenterological conferences.
Areas of professional development:
- graduated from Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy in 1998;
- completed the internship in specialty Neonatology at P.L. Shupyk Kyiv National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education;
- from 1999 till 2005 – studied in the clinical residency in specialty Neonatology at P.L. Shupyk Kyiv National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education;
- has the highest expert category in pediatric gastroenterology and in pediatrics;
- member of Association of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition;
- Assistant Professor of Pediatric Department no. 1 of O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- pediatric hepatology;
- bowel diseases of different etiology, including inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis), celiac disease, enzyme defects of different genesis;
- functional gastrointestinal disorders;
- intestinal obstructions.
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- “I like planning our family trips. There are a lot of films I would like to watch again: Gladiator, Avatar, The Pianist, Life is Beautiful, Some Like It Hot, Schindler's List, Forrest Gump, Gone With the Wind, The Godfather and many others. My favorite books are: Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, The Count of Monte Cristo, One Hundred Years of Solitude, The Museum of Abandoned Secrets, I like science fiction of Ray Bradbury, Arkady and Boris Strugatsky.”
- “I try to adhere to the main principles of healthy lifestyle: 1. Balanced diet. I try to eat more vegetables, fruit, wholegrain cereals, drink enough clear water. In the ideal case, I would like to withdraw from junk food for good. 2. Active lifestyle. It is hard to find the time for sport when you are always busy, but I find it and think that any activity (yoga, morning exercises, hiking) contribute to your health and positive emotions. 3. Correct daily schedule, and, first of all, normal sleep for at least 7 hours. Sleep deprivation results in nervous breakdowns and development of chronic diseases. It is hard for me to adhere to this principle, there are many things I haven’t managed to do during a day, but I think that healthy sleep is essential for health and good mood. 4. I also try to treat family members and unknown people delicately and kindly and to see the beauty around us. That is what I have been learning for my whole life!”