Information about the doctor Bolharska Svitlana Viktorivna
Work experience: 27 years
- Bogomolets National Medical University
Areas of professional development:
- has been working in “V.P. Komisarenko Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine” State Institution from 1994 till the present, for now – in a position of a Senior Research Scientist and Senior Diabetic Foot Department Assistant;
- has been doing an internship in Northampton University (Great Britain) since 1994;
- in 2004 obtained her Ph.D. with specialization in endocrinology;
- from 2010 to 2019 – senior lecturer of the Diabetology Department of the Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education;
- from February 2020 – Assistant Professor of the Department of Basic Medical Sciences of “Institute of Biology and Medicine” National Science Center of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv;
- has the highest qualification grade with specialization in endocrinology;
- is a member of Ukrainian Association of Endocrinologists, Ukrainian Diabetes Association, EASD;
- Assistant Professor of the Department of Basic Medical Sciences of “Institute of Biology and Medicine” National Science Center of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- pancreatic diabetes and its complications;
- the priority is the diabetic foot disease;
- use of stem sells in the therapy of the diabetic foot disease, in particular, in case of critical ischemia of lower extremities.
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
- endocrine surgery;
- orthopedic purulent surgery.
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- “My favorite book is 1984 by G. Orwell, as for the films, I prefer TV series, for example, Homeland, The Knick.
- “I conserve my health thanks to balanced diet, fitness and punctual periodic health examinations”.