Work experience: 22 years
- Bogomolets National Medical University
Membership in associations, societies; attending conferences, thematic improvement courses:
- chair of the Ukrainian Neuro-Ophthalmological Association;
- member of the North American Neuro-Ophthalmological Society, European Neuro-Ophthalmological Society.
- doctor of Medical Sciences;
- author of over 100 scientific publications in professional journals.
Teaching and / or lecturing:
- lecturer in scientific and educational projects on neuro-ophthalmology.
Areas of professional development:
- specialization in neuro-ophthalmology, regular attendance of specialty courses, as well as thematic improvement in related specialties;
- studying literature in the field, attending conferences;
- proficiency in the English language, allowing for the use of foreign experience by studying information in medical English-language literature.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- skilled in all methods of diagnosis, outpatient treatment (biomicroscopy, ophthalmoscopy, lens fitting, measurement of intraocular pressure, removal of foreign bodies, parabulbar and subconjunctival injections), as well as specific neurophthalmological diagnostics and treatment;
- conducts neuroophthalmological examination of patients with CNS, eyes and orbit pathology, examines fundus condition in patients with for migraines, cerebrovascular disorders, neoplasms of the brain and orbit, multiple sclerosis, hypertension;
- Provides treatment for neuroophthalmic diseases, such as: retrobulbar neuritis, optic atrophy, opticchiasmatic arachnoiditis, oculomotor neuropathy of various etiologies, neurotrophic keratitis.
- “Now diagnostic facilities have improved significantly, modern devices have appeared that can help in diagnosis of the retina and optic nerve diseases (OCT, HRT).”
- “Working with related specialists (neurologists, neurosurgeons, cardiologists and endocrinologists) has allows understanding that often ophthalmic diseases are associated with the pathology of other organs and systems. It is not right to limit to examination of the eyeball. Vision is affected by stress, general illnesses, bad habits, excessive pressure and many other factors. Socrates also said: “It is impossible to start treating the eyes without thinking about the head or treating the head without thinking about the whole body, so you cannot treat the body without healing the soul.”
- “A doctor should explain, but not scare the patient. He should gain patient’s trust. If the patient feels the sincere support of the doctor, the treatment is much more effective. A good doctor loves people, his profession and knows how to fully devote his attention to the patient.”
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- “My hobbies are traveling, outing and reading, but most importantly I am passionate about my profession.”
- “The renowned ophthalmologist A. Grefe said: ‘Orators praise eyes, singers chant about eyes but the real value of the eyes rests in the silent longing of those who used to have vision and lost it.’ Take care of your eyes!“
Advantages of MM 'Dobrobut':
- “The advantages of working in the clinic are a high level of diagnostic equipment and comfortable working conditions.”