Information about the doctor Ivanov Oleksii Viktorovych
Work experience: 34 years
- Bogomolets National Medical University
Areas of professional development:
- Systematically attends thematic advanced training;
- Participates in pediatrician conferences on the bases of Association of Railway Transport Doctors of Ukraine;
- Attends conferences dedicated to issues of contact length vision correction and optometry;
- Studies foreign literature, actively applies gained knowledge in practice.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- preventive ophthalmologic examinations;
- conservative treatment of ophthalmologic pathologies;
- treatment of myopia, accommodation spasm;
- instrumental correction of myopia, accommodation disorder, strabismus, amblyopia (orthotic programs).
- 'Babies require special approach while examining. They are not adults who can tell what actually hurts them. Though, I have learned to cope with that for 25 years of my practice'
- 'By the age of five, when child's eye-sight organs are initially formed, one should refuse from using electronic gadgets and very small details. When a child, facing visual pressure at “and arm's length” for quite a while may be transformed into global problems in future'
- 'A good doctor should be a professional in their area. A pediatrician ophthalmologist has to have general knowledge in pediatrics as well. As very often, eye-sight problems can arise on the background of another disease'
- 'Maybe, it is not necessary to explain absolutely all the medical aspects to parents of little patients. But a doctor has to explain in detail those aspects requiring special attention or specific actions from parents. Sometimes, a doctor has to repeat something several times. Parents often cannot understand all the consequences of a wrong treatment'
- 'Even outside office hours, I try to stay in touch with my patients. A doctor must never refuse to help'
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- 'In accordance with an ancient practice, many doctors were hunters. And, I do not leg behind too – as soon as I have a chance, I am off for hunting'
- “Until the age of five, when the initial formation of visual organs takes place, you should reject the use of electronic gadgets and very small objects. If visual exercises in childhood are within arm’s reach, it will result in global problems in future.”