With neoplasms in the upper jaw, doctors often have to remove part of the bone tissue for radical treatment of the pathology. Resection of the upper jaw is a complex operation that requires a high level of skill and a lot of practical experience from specialists. The second stage is osteoplasty to recreate the anatomy of the facial skull, restore chewing, respiratory, and swallowing functions.
In the MN Dobrobut clinic, the best maxillofacial surgeons perform the resection of the upper jaw; they use expert-level medical and diagnostic equipment.
The cost depends on the complexity and volume of the intervention, therefore it is determined individually at the consultation of a doctor.
Indications and contraindications
Resection of maxillary bone tissue is performed for the following diseases:
- large benign tumors of the upper jaw;
- cancer of the alveolar process of the upper jaw;
- malignant tumors of the nose and maxillary sinuses.
Since the operation is performed for strictly medical reasons, there are few restrictions on its performance. There are relative contraindications:
- acute infectious diseases;
- period of exacerbation of chronic diseases of internal organs;
- cardiovascular or pulmonary failure.
The timing of tissue healing is individual, depending on the reason for the operation and the amount of resection. After rehabilitation, maxillofacial surgeons re-examine the patient to resolve the issue of the method of bone tissue reconstruction, dental implantation.
You can get detailed information about the prices of examination and the cost of services, as well as sign up for a consultation with a specialist from Dobrobut Medical Center, by leaving a request in the feedback form on the website or by calling the call center.
- Клочихин, Аркадий Львович, Андрей Леонидович Чистяков, and Арамазд Абовович Буниатян. Способ хирургического доступа при резекции верхней челюсти. (2013).
- Нуриева, Наталья Сергеевна, О. И. Филимонова, and Ю. С. Васильев. Комплексная реабилитация онкостоматологических больных после резекции верхней челюсти. Уральский медицинский журнал 8 (2010): 46-48.
- Козицына, С. И., И. В. Михайлов, and В. В. Антипов. Особенности протезирования при частичной резекции верхней челюсти. Институт стоматологии 2.27 (2005): 24-25.