Non-invasive prenatal screening PANORAMA (NATERA) for monozygous twin pregnancy
Every year, about 5% of newborn babies have developmental disabilities. In most cases, this is due to genetic factors. For the timely detection of hereditary pathologies, modern medicine offers various screening techniques. One of the most effective studies to date is the Panorama non-invasive prenatal test. The NIPT test is an examination based on the study of fetal DNA taken from maternal blood samples. The panorama test is the most accurate NIPT available on the market and detects 13 different chromosomal abnormalities. The test result, in addition to the risk of developing chromosomal abnormalities, also contains information about the future baby's sex. The test is possible from the 9th week of pregnancy.
The unique panorama test technique detects the following chromosomal abnormalities:
- Down syndrome (presence of an extra chromosome in the 21st pair).
- Edwards syndrome (the third chromosome in the 18th pair).
- Patau syndrome (trisomy of the 13th chromosome).
- Quantitative abnormalities of sex chromosomes (Turner syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome, trisomy of the X chromosome, disomy of the Y chromosome).
- Triploidy-type chromosomal disorder.
- Di-Georg Syndrome.
- 1p36 deletion syndrome.
- Lejeune syndrome.
- Angelman Syndrome.
- Prader-Willi syndrome.
The panorama DNA test is indicated for all pregnant women who want to know more about the health of their baby even before birth. The test is especially recommended in such cases:
- the risk of developing chromosomal abnormalities when undergoing ultrasound or biochemical screening;
- the age of the pregnant woman is over 35 years old, and the age of the man is over 40;
- known cases of hereditary diseases in the family history;
- previously diagnosed with infertility, there were situations of stillborn children, miscarriages.
Testing may be ineffective if it is carried out before 10 weeks of pregnancy, with multiple pregnancies (more than 2 children), as well as during pregnancy with a surrogate mother or from donor eggs. The panorama test is not recommended in situations of bone marrow transplantation or a history of cancer in the mother.
The advantages of the test are:
- non-invasiveness, since you only need to donate blood;
- safety for the mother and the unborn baby;
- the test accuracy reaches 99.9%;
- the possibility of carrying out from the early stages of pregnancy (starting from the 9th week);
- a wide range of investigated chromosomal abnormalities;
- the possibility of determining zygosity in the case of twins;
- no need for special training;
- determination of the sex of the unborn child.
How is the test done?
No special preparation is required before the test. On the eve of the tests, it is recommended to exclude fatty, spicy, fried foods from the diet, and to stop drinking alcoholic beverages. On the day of blood donation, you can easily have breakfast.
To carry out the NIPT Panorama test, only up to 20 ml of venous blood of a pregnant woman is required. The obtained blood sample is centrifuged and using special sequencing technology, the genomes of the mother and child are processed. The isolated DNA of the baby is analyzed on a computer, according to the results of which the level of risk of developing chromosomal abnormalities is determined.
Testing usually takes up to two weeks to complete.
The cost of a non-invasive panorama test in Kyiv
The Dobrobut network of medical clinics offers to conduct the NIPT test panorama in Kyiv. The cost of testing may vary depending on the number of chromosomal abnormalities being investigated, however, we have the most loyal prices for services in comparison with prices in Ukraine.
To sign up for testing or specialist consultation, call our call center right now or use the feedback service.
- NIPT (Panorama) – Spire. Last updated, 2021.
- Non-Invasive Prenatal Test. Published online, 2020.
- Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing. About the Panorama Test. Published online, 2019.
- Panorama non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT). Last updated, 2021.
If you want to find out more information about the service or make an appointment at Dobrobut, leave a request and our coordinator will contact you within 10 minutes